Get blog updates via RSS
E-mail sign-up for blogGet posts delivered directly to you.
About This BlogThe Winning Moves® Blog explains business success patterns. Based upon decades of research, it helps you make the right strategic choices to turn your strategic moves into Winning Moves.
Search this blog
- Is There Value in Being “Handcuffed by History”?
- Ecommerce Success Uses Paper Mailings for Promotion
- After Strong Holiday Season, Physical Retailing Not Disrupted and Amazon Opens Go Store
- Is There Life Beyond Disruption for Bookstores and Even for Encyclopedias?
- Is It Really Self-Disruption, or Is It Just Excellent Strategic Choices?
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Strategic reversals are essentially a U-turn that attempts to undo grossly ill-fitting strategic moves. According to a January 3, 2012, Wall Street Journal article titled “Year of the Oops: Firms Spent 2011 in Reverse”, several companies made reversals last year. … Continue reading
The Winning Moves patterns of business success repeat over and over again. If you understand these patterns, they can be a valuable guide to successful strategic choices. Based upon my 25+ years of research, these patterns result from studying strategic … Continue reading
A November 26-27 Wall Street Journal article described what Macy’s did to successfully run its day after Thanksgiving Black Friday sale based on knowledge. In my 25+ years researching business success and failure patterns, I have looked at how businesses … Continue reading